Policy Effective Date: September 25, 2017
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
Information We Collect/Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and providing the Services, we collect and/or receive the following types of information:
1. Personal Information
When you register to become a Customer, you will be asked to provide certain information such as, your name, date of birth, Tax ID number, citizenship, visa information, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, bank routing number, bank account login credentials, bank name, employer name, employment status, job position, whether you are a “politically exposed person,” whether you are a “control person” (pursuant to FINRA Rule 3210), annual income range, and total net worth range (collectively, the “Personal Information”).
2. Nonpublic Personal Information
3. Investment Style Information
When you register as a Customer, you will be asked to provide information about your investment preferences and investment style such as, your risk tolerance, time horizon, liquidity needs, investment objectives and investment experiences (collectively, the “Investment Style Information”).
4. Credit & Debit Card Information
Certain features of the Services will allow you to link your credit card, debit card, and bank accounts to your Stash account by providing your account number, billing address and similar information (the “Credit & Debit Card Information”).
5. Transaction Information
When Customers wish to make a purchase, sale or any other transaction through the Platform, they must provide us with certain information about the transaction they are seeking to execute. Such information is collectively called the “Transaction Information.”
6. Geolocational Information
Certain features and functionalities of the Services are based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the App is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case Stash will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
7. Other Information.
We may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Platform, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Platform (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Platform, such as search queries and other performance and usage data.
- About Your Device
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Carrier; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- From Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Similar Techniques
- Third-Party Analytics
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform.
We may, from time to time, ask you to participate in surveys on our Site. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. These surveys may be conducted by our third-party service providers. Such third-party service providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We will use survey results to continue to improve the Platform and the Services. We will use your personal information from our surveys to send you information about our products and services and about third-party products and services. We may combine your survey information with other data we have about you. We may also anonymize and aggregate the survey information and sell it to third parties.
The Information Collected/Received from Third-Party Sources
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How the Information is Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Credit & Debit Card Information to track your purchases, match your purchases with the other information we have about you and provide suggestions to you about potential trade recommendations, saving money, and other financial services and offers that we believe may help you.
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Investment Style Information, the Transaction Information, the Geolocational Information, the Third-Party Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Platform and Services; to help us improve the content and functionality of our Platform and Services; to provide trade recommendations; to advise you about your portfolio; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of third parties.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or subsequent requests for support by you.
- Stash, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples of such functions include website hosting, mailing information, maintaining databases, ID verification, processing applications, processing payments and completing transactions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function. These companies are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies that we control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets and you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Platform of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the Platform, the Services, and the products and services of Stash, we may analyze certain Information to compile information about our customer demographics, interests and behaviors and to create data analytics on an aggregate basis. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Platform, the Services and our products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Stash may disclose your Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Stash, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Platform or the public against fraud or other harm, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Stash may from time to time enter into agreements with third parties, such as employers or affiliate membership groups, pursuant to which the third party may pay a portion or all of the advisory fees of its employees or members, and may on occasion make direct or indirect contributions to the Stash account of its employees or members. This is generally implemented by distributed "promotional codes" that are sponsored by the employer or affiliate membership group. If you use the benefit provided by an employer or affiliate group, you consent to additional anonymized reporting with respect to the participation, contribution rates, engagement, etc., of the employees or members, and consent to personalized reporting (i.e., where you may be specifically identified) solely and exclusively to (x) confirm your use of Stash to your employer or affiliate membership group, and (y) if the employer or affiliate membership group makes a contribution to your Stash account, to confirm receipt of the specific amounts contributed. In addition, if the benefit the employer or affiliate group provides includes embedding the Stash experience in a broader experience hosted by the employer or affiliate, by using such benefit you consent to Stash embedding the Stash experience in the hosted experience, and understand that your Personal Information may be shared in order to implement the hosted experience.
- We may share your Information with third parties, including but not limited to third-party market research firms for analysis purposes and to help such third parties generate market research data for us which will not identify you personally. Such third parties will provide us market research data to help us better segment our customer base and understand what products and services would likely work best for our customers. If you would like to opt-out of Stash Investments LLC’s sharing of your Information with such third parties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will use your Information for our internal business purposes, including but not limited to, creating user state modeling and comprehensive behavioral profiling.
Sharing of Your Information with Non-affiliated Third Parties
We will not share your Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use your Information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you with a product opportunity that requires us to share your Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use your Information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Information when we present you with the terms of such offer.
If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing of your Information, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at email@example.com; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to opt-out of Stash Investments LLC’s sharing of your Information with its affiliates’ so that the affiliates’ can use your Information to market to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to opt-out of Stash Investments LLC’s sharing of information about your creditworthiness with its affiliates’ for the affiliates’ everyday business purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes, by making the change in your registered account settings page, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
When you sign up for our Services or newsletter(s), we will send periodic emails to you regarding the Services or to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you.
If at any time you wish not to receive any future newsletters or marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. Note however that as a user of the Services we and/or our custodian(s) will send you administrative and transactional communications that are reasonably necessary to the Services, such as billing, brokerage or service notifications and you cannot opt out of receiving such communications.
We may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant service or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as bank account information) in our App, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We and our custodian also use third party ID verification to ensure our users’ true identities are validated.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Retention of Your Information
We do not display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site.
We do not email you or send you other electronic communications to request nonpublic information or account information (such as username and password). If you receive an unsolicited email or other electronic communication that appears to be from Stash but you suspect it may be from some other source or fraudulent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform, the Services and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform and/or the Services, you do so at your own risk.
Stash does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
If your customer relationship with Stash ends, we will not destroy your Information unless required or permitted by law. We will continue to treat your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws.
Phone: 1 (800) 205-5164
Collective Returns, Inc.
19 West 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010