This contest is over.
The Vault Contest — Official Rules and Regulations
1. “The Vault” Contest (the “Contest”) is a skill-based game sponsored by Stash Invest, LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest starts at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, March 30, 2018 and closes on April 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m ET (the “Contest Period”). In the event that there is no successful Contest participant at solving the puzzle, the Contest will be re-launched on a monthly basis, for up to 6 months or until there is a successful Contest participant, whichever comes first. The Winner will unlock video game industry investments for the entire Stash community. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit of one (1) Cash Prize per household. You will be tested.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a human and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and who is at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and mythical kingdoms where prohibited by law. Entrants may be required to meet certain provisions of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, 15 U.S.C. ¬ß 80b-1, and the rules thereunder. Entrant must have Internet access in order to enter the Contest. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant’s entry. Employees of Stash, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and members of the immediate family or household of each, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family member is defined as a parent, sibling or any person residing in same household as employee. AI constructs, clones, and alien species are not eligible to participate.
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, an announcement will be made each weekday of the Contest Period at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET (each an “Announcement”), on Stash’s various social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The object of the Contest is to unlock the Vault by being the first contestant to complete 12 different levels of puzzles in order to be eligible to win a Cash Prize. If a Qualifier is the first to solve all 12 puzzles, he/she will then be prompted to email Stash at the provided email address to submit an answer to the final riddle. The first Qualifier to successfully answer the final riddle via their email, will be eligible to receive the Cash Prize. In conducting the Contest, Stash Investments, LLC and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any Qualifier who fails to timely respond to a request for an executed Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability and Publicity Waiver, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to any Qualifier so disqualified. You can only become a Qualifier ONCE during the Contest. No time travel allowed.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded; Grand Prize consists of one (1) cash prize in the amount of four thousand dollars ($4,000) or at the option of the Winner, a $5,000 credit deposited into a Stash Invest account on behalf of the Winner and put into the Winner’s cash balance account. If the Winner chooses they can invest in the video game industry investments and other investments with their Stash account. ALL EXPENSES, TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF PRIZE NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNER. The Winner will also have to provide a completed W-9 Form prior to receiving the Grand Prize. Prize is not transferable, except at discretion of Contest Sponsor. Prize is awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND from Contest Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Prizes: up to $5,000. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Cash Prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check or the Winner may have the option to have the proceeds deposited into a new or existing Stash Invest account. If the Winner opts to have the proceeds deposited into a new or existing Stash Invest account, the proceeds will be held in the Winner’s account as part of the account’s cash balance to be used for making investment purchases on the Stash platform and/or can be withdrawn at the Winner’s option. There’s nothing like some good dough...
5. Before being awarded a Cash Prize and becoming a confirmed Qualifier, each potential Qualifier will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full affidavit of Eligibility & Liability and Publicity Release stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of the Cash Prize and participating as a Qualifier, accepts the Cash Prize as offered. In the event that a potential Qualifier does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such potential Qualifier and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Adventures require paperwork.
6. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. Rule breaking spells are banned.
7. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable. All your entries are belong to us.
9. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control. One Rules to rule them all...
10. Content is provided exclusively for personal and noncommercial access and use. Stash company names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans (collectively, “Marks”) are the property of Stash or its affiliates, as applicable. You are not authorized to, and agree not to, download, display or use any Content or Mark in any publication, advertising, publicity or any other commercial or non-commercial manner, in connection with products or services that are not those of Stash, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Stash and/or its software or intellectual property licensors, that dilutes the strength of Stash’s or its licensors’ property, or that otherwise infringes Stash’s or its licensors’ intellectual property rights. You further agree to in no other way misuse any Services or Content that appears on the Application. You may not modify, copy, distribute, publish, license or sell any Services or Content or any derivative work based on the Services or Content.
Good luck, adventurer.